Oct 10, 2014

Our Renaissance Year...gap year between Preschool and Kinder...

We have been having a unique experience so far this school year. I have been staying home with my little ones and adjusting to life in a new part of my state, about an hour plus from family and most friends. I love it here, it's a little more remote than we are used to. We were able to get a great deal on our home, and afford a house, whereas we were living in condos before, which we really outgrew. This location is a great spot, it has good schools---that I have heard about, and a lot more outdoor living than we are used to. I am trying to make the most of that, in a big way. We live on a lake, and the home is a single-level raised ranch, with a garage. We have a wraparound deck which is beautiful, and it's on a wooded street with a gravel drive. We have seen black bears at least one time per month since living here. I've heard the momma lives closeby. It's a mama bear and her two cubs, and her den is a stone's throw away. She doesn't bother anyone, but may occasionally look for your can on trash day, and wander through. I make sure to not let my little one, my preschooler out of sight without me with her. This isn't too hard, so far, as her favorite playmate has always been me, and her dad. My little guy is starting to outpace us though, in this way, and I am so happy for that. Having two under 5 is awesome. She adores him, and is very independent playing and uses her imagination to the fullest. I like having my one on one time with him too. When they play together, which is becoming more and more now that he's a walker, it is the best thing ever. This tims is going so fast! He just started shaking his head no, saying "uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh" when he drops something, and his walking is getting better and better each day. Our schedule has become ballet on Tuesdays, homeschooling during the week, during naptime for Little Brother, homeschool co-op group on Fridays with other families that homeschool, and Sunday school at church. We have always had a formal preschool or daycare program for Julia, but this way, Lucas can be involved and play with other kiddos too. It's nice that it's less structured for right now (for his sake,) and I try to make sure Julia gets enough out of it, as well. She is an active, busy kiddo, and it is important she stays connected to her peers, in my opinion. I am excited to have a Christmas concert with the homeschool group and a dance recital, for the very first time. So fun! I know I will be a working mom again, and I am very ok with that, but for now, this plan is working out great for us, and is a lot of fun too. We have also become close with our neighbors, and they also go to Sunday school with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment